RCU Forums - View Single Post - Peak Model 30cc MXSR
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Peak Model 30cc MXSR

Finally got out to do the maiden flight yesterday. This is one fantastic flying airplane the DLE 30 is way more then enough motor. The control surfaces have massive amounts of authority. I only wish my JR 9303 tx had flight conditions like my last futaba tx. Now I'm stuck with either a super low rate or super high rate. For normal sport/IMAC type flying I had to dial the low rates way,way down. The elevator on this bird has just got gobs of power. On high, 3D type rates the nose will try to eat the tail in a waterfall or knife edge spin.

I had some tucking to the gear in knife edge, used about 4% mix to overcome. There was zero aileron coupling in knife edge. The balance point is perfect given in the manual, a roll to inverted on a 45 upline shows no change in pitch attitude.

I'm also impressed with how light the planes flies, especially in any high alpha type stuff. It's a real floater.

Only problem I had was with the garbage plastic wheel pants. On the last landing, the left wheel pant tore away. The right one is soon to follow. These should have been done in fiberglass.

I would post a picture, but once again rcu is acting up.