RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hacker A30-12L vs Turnigy SK3 3542-1000Kv -Head to Head PERFORMANCE TEST
Old 04-10-2013, 07:52 PM
DrMotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hacker A30-12L vs Turnigy SK3 3542-1000Kv -Head to Head PERFORMANCE TEST

Final small point before we start The Performance Test:
1. In the various motor tests I will be doing, over the next few months, I will be comparing Hacker motors with same-size Turnigy SK3, Hyperion-Z, Foxy, LiPolice and Gens Ace motors. And maybe also some other typical"SunRay brands" that I will test ... (-like O.S. "OMA" motors, and Boost, Waypoint,E-FTorque and PA Thrust motors )

2. Itis only right topoint out thatsome people have expressed very huge doubts thatmotor brands such as Hacker, Hyperion-Z,Turnigy SK3, Gens Ace,etcmight even be similar motors, never mind basically identical.

3. This is shown by some of the following comments -all made over the last several months (note that just a few of the many comments that have beenmade, are shown here):

From RCU thread titled: "SK3 F3A motor-same as Hacker F3A, but 29% of cost ..?"
ORIGINAL: gaRCfield "...If someone wants to believe the motors are all the same, and they can get a 'Hacker' motor for 1/4 the price, let them. I think we've made an honest effort to explain why we believe the motors are not identical, largely lacking in quality ...".
ORIGINAL: tuny "... whats the problem? if some guy is happy buying a cheap Chinese motor and believe is a top end motor then let it be! ..."
ORIGINAL: Hokie Flyer "... I looked at his post history and concluded he's a shill for Hobby King ..."
ORIGINAL: siberianhusky "... None of this proves anything other than the motors are made in the same place. Big stinking deal! Doesn't mean they are the same motors. Look the same maybe, same inside, some maybe (the clones), all of then most positively NOT. ..."
-Page 1 of this "SK3 F3A motor ... " thread can be easily seen on Google cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cacheB3VPL6w6mkJ:www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp%3Fm%3D11428159+SK3+F3A+motor-same+as+Hacker+F3A,+but+29%25+of+cost+..%3F&cd=1&h l=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk )
-Page 2 of this thread can be seen here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=uk
-Page 3 of this thread can be seen here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

From RCU thread titled: "Which chinese factories make various brushless motor brands?"
ORIGINAL: siberianhusky ".. Same BS, no actual proof the motors are the same from actual testing ..."
" ... Do SOME of them look the same yes, are the guts the same, I doubt it ! ... " " ... Might be made in China but I guarantee to different specs ..."
ORIGINAL: siberianhusky " ... Where is the actual REAL test data? ..."
ORIGINAL: da Rock " ... How do you know Hacker (your latest topic) doesn't specify higher (or lower) delivery thresholds of quality or performance? ...""... I'd bet and give odds the HK junk came from a mfg that makes lots better stuff for higher quality retailers. ..."
(If by "HK junk", da Rock is referring to Turnigy SK3 motors, he is soon going to find out that he is actually quite wrong ...)

From RCU thread titled: "E-flight 160 for a Brio ?? "
Silent-AV8R "... your posts ... about how there seems to be a single factory in China that makes all the name brand motors and we are fools for buying a name brand ... HK and other Chinese companies have proven to be less than even slightly reliable ..."
ORIGINAL: apereira "... he has been systematically insisting on the same message over and over again, and when I went to check out this "Sunray" website just for curiosity, it ... is not in accordance to a company which produce all he says ..."
( Actually, we know with 100% CERTAINTY that the SunRay Technology factory manufactures: ALL Hacker outrunner motors upto and including A60-size; and also ALL: Extreme Flight Torque, Z-series Hyperion, Turnigy SK3 motors; and also ALL Gens Ace, LiPolice, Pelikan Foxy, OK Hobby Infinite, Shulman Aviation FURY, Common-Sense-RC, Sonic Electric, Apache, motors -and also many other brands -see http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11426913/tm.htm

From RCU thread: "Turnigy SK3 motors -identical to Hacker, made in same chinese factory -25% of Hacker price ".
ORIGINAL: spog1: "... Well, a turnigy SK3 may be 25% the cost of a hacker, but what's missing is the % performance vs a hacker. It seems assumed that they perform the same. Has anyone tested these so called clones to get a feel for any performance differences?..."
ORIGINAL: GerKonig: ".... Not only am I reasonable, I use Turningy motors, and I like them. Said that, this 2 motors (i.e. Turnigy SK3 & Hacker) are not even close to be identical. Like saying that Johnnie Walker is the same as Jack Daniels because both come in a bottle ......"

SO: Might: siberianhusky, Silent-AV8R, apereira, gaRCfield, tuny, Hokie Flyer, da Rock, spog1, GerKonig :
-Be right or not ...?

Both siberianhusky and spog1 commented that we need "testing and real data" for the various motors, so that we can properly compare them.

-PERFORMANCE TESTING OF MOTORS STARTS RIGHT HERE:
Seat belts on, Ready for Take Off ....