RCU Forums - View Single Post - ZIPPKITS BULLITT THUNDERBOAT
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ZIPPKITS BULLITT THUNDERBOAT

ORIGINAL: xplayer930

Can i ask what paint you uesed an how you painted it? I just finished glassing my easy vee an its ready for paint.
I sure can!!! The paint I used was KLASS KOTE bought from www.klass kote.com ,It is epoxy paint with catalyst. It works very well and is fairly easy to use. for an easy vee you will need 2pts to be safe of primer,I like the white primer and fast white cataylyst (no induction time..) it can be used with the KLASS KOTE reducer.at a 1-1-1 ratio... for spraying and sprays well thru a siphon feed gun at around 40lbs pressure.. a high grade laquer thinner must be used for cleaning before all stages of priming and painting.. a good wet sanding and you are ready for paint if you didnt sand thru primer. the paint comes in a variety of colors and also needs catalyst and reducer... a 40 min induction time before adding reducer also a 1-1-1 ratio or to 18-24 seconds thru a viscosity cup(auto body tool) or i mix in reducer till you get a cross between a run and a drip off stiring stick...be sure to strain mixture into gun thru a clean strainer aalso avail at auto body paint place.. a couple very light coats with a good flash time(touch masking paper and finger's do not stick..) then a couple heavier coats.. it will run fairly easy if first 2 are not applied light.. be sure to keep dust free and bug free..lol and you will have a beautiful finish... when you come back to look at it 15 min later it will still be flowing out and looks better every time you look at it!!! They send a pretty good set of instructions with paint... dont use anything other than lacquer thinner to clean...big mess.. I learned the hard way, hope this helps you out K/K can give you a very durable and long lasting finish if done right!! good luck and feel free to ask any more questions!!!