Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

ZIPPKITS BULLITT THUNDERBOAT

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ZIPPKITS BULLITT THUNDERBOAT

Old 04-07-2013, 11:52 AM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ZIPPKITS BULLITT THUNDERBOAT

Here is my zippkits Bullitt thunderboat... A friend (and customer)bought 2 kits from Joe P. and I built him one for the second.. started a boat building frenzy... 11 boats this winter!!! I had maiden voyage on bullitt last fall...(dec.19th?) in N.Y.??? LOL froze up and snowed that night...bbrrrr 36deg when we left the pond.
http://youtu.be/Qa9ghLZmYLU

Old 04-07-2013, 11:56 AM
parshallboatworks

Default RE: ZIPPKITS BULLITT THUNDERBOAT

After the blow over...LOL I ballanced and added weight to bow.(about a pound of lead) had better results but had cooling problems.
http://youtu.be/azDWu3EA-PE
http://youtu.be/uJSz-ACpO4g
Old 04-07-2013, 12:05 PM
parshallboatworks

This weekend,we had a work party at Stony Pond,getting ready for races this year and did some runs between work.. I drilled out the water pickups in rudder,(as per Joe's suggestions)cleaned out water jacket,(found some gunk inside)tightened up carb and shortened some water lines....SUCCESS!!! runs like a champ developing more power every run. It has a brand new X-Force engine 26cc and all hardware is from Zippkits.Got several runs on it water flowing well,She had no bad habits ran the turns full throttle with just a small amount of hops on harder turns.
http://youtu.be/iPB9MxAz6NA
http://youtu.be/8SRX9ZMXRGU
The following users liked this post:
AMXer (02-13-2022)
Old 04-12-2013, 04:08 PM
mbaulfinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't anything about boats but that sure loooks nice and smooth running out there. I was wondering how the Zippkits boats run. Have been considering getting a kit and building it. Looks like you did a great job on it. Thanks for sharing the video!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: mbaulfinger

I don't anything about boats but that sure loooks nice and smooth running out there. I was wondering how the Zippkits boats run. Have been considering getting a kit and building it. Looks like you did a great job on it. Thanks for sharing the video!
Your welcome!! Everything i have built from Zippkits has been a quality kit and runs great right from the start!!Joe Petro the owner is a first class guy!! customer service is amazing,any problems and he will help you figure it out and if somthings not right... he will make it right!!! This was a nice build all pieces fit together perfectly and there is even some humor in the instructions that makes it fun!! I didnt have to change anything on the boat,all parts are from zippkits.com i bought the engine from Joe and also the ultimate thunderboat hardware combo... truely EVERYTHING needed to put the boat together.... minus radio etc. thanks for the interest,I have been uilding boats for people all winter,if interested I can build you one too...look me up on you tube (rickparshall) there is several vids and also links to zippkits to see how his hulls run!! I also have a Photobucket page you can check out with all of the build pics from several boats.. also under rickparshall or parshallwoodworks...

Old 04-12-2013, 04:48 PM
parshallboatworks

heres where it starts...
Old 04-12-2013, 04:52 PM
parshallboatworks

Basic framing...
Old 04-12-2013, 05:35 PM
parshallboatworks

Old 04-12-2013, 09:10 PM
parshallboatworks

Old 04-12-2013, 09:16 PM
parshallboatworks

Mine is a bit different.. Cab forward
Old 04-12-2013, 09:21 PM
parshallboatworks

He was happy with his... I got mine for building his....
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 PM
parshallboatworks

Lookin red now....
Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 PM
parshallboatworks

Got about 10 runs on it now... X-Force developing more power every run!! about time to start testing pipe length and props... MORE RPM!!!!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:00 PM
mbaulfinger

Thanks for taking the time to post the build photos. I spent some time looking for them yesterday but didn't have any luck. I really like the modification to the cowl that you made.
Nice paint job btw! Also watched some of the other videos of it running...very nice. Sounds like your are happy with the way it performs
Old 04-15-2013, 06:03 AM
parshallboatworks

Thanks for taking the time to post the build photos. I spent some time looking for them yesterday but didn't have any luck. I really like the modification to the cowl that you made.
Nice paint job btw! Also watched some of the other videos of it running...very nice. Sounds like your are happy with the way it performs
Thanks!!! I liked the way it ran... Then yesterday we put a 6518 stainless 3 blade prop on it and she really came alive!!!! Several mph and can stay on the pipe for 7or 8 laps!!!! We leaned it out a bit to about 1 3/4 turn out on high speed also... A new vid on you tube, you can tell the difference!!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 PM
xplayer930

Can i ask what paint you uesed an how you painted it? I just finished glassing my easy vee an its ready for paint.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: xplayer930

Can i ask what paint you uesed an how you painted it? I just finished glassing my easy vee an its ready for paint.
I sure can!!! The paint I used was KLASS KOTE bought from www.klass kote.com ,It is epoxy paint with catalyst. It works very well and is fairly easy to use. for an easy vee you will need 2pts to be safe of primer,I like the white primer and fast white cataylyst (no induction time..) it can be used with the KLASS KOTE reducer.at a 1-1-1 ratio... for spraying and sprays well thru a siphon feed gun at around 40lbs pressure.. a high grade laquer thinner must be used for cleaning before all stages of priming and painting.. a good wet sanding and you are ready for paint if you didnt sand thru primer. the paint comes in a variety of colors and also needs catalyst and reducer... a 40 min induction time before adding reducer also a 1-1-1 ratio or to 18-24 seconds thru a viscosity cup(auto body tool) or i mix in reducer till you get a cross between a run and a drip off stiring stick...be sure to strain mixture into gun thru a clean strainer aalso avail at auto body paint place.. a couple very light coats with a good flash time(touch masking paper and finger's do not stick..) then a couple heavier coats.. it will run fairly easy if first 2 are not applied light.. be sure to keep dust free and bug free..lol and you will have a beautiful finish... when you come back to look at it 15 min later it will still be flowing out and looks better every time you look at it!!! They send a pretty good set of instructions with paint... dont use anything other than lacquer thinner to clean...big mess.. I learned the hard way, hope this helps you out K/K can give you a very durable and long lasting finish if done right!! good luck and feel free to ask any more questions!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:16 PM
parshallboatworks

Nice pic today 4/21 at Stony Pond work party..
The following users liked this post:
AMXer (02-13-2022)
Old 04-21-2013, 06:44 PM
parshallboatworks

I love this boat!! developing more power every run!! getting broke in nicely now over 10 runs this year allready... almost lapped a mod. cat gasser today!! lol... (i think he was takin it easy on me) found out the pipe was 1/4" short.. moved it out to 13.5" and she came alive!! I highly recomend a ZIPPKITS BULLITT if you want to win in the thunderboat class!!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 PM
mbaulfinger

Parshall, That last photo is nice. Really shows off the custom cowl. Again, that's some great work! Gives me the urge to get my feet wet with boats!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 PM
parshallboatworks

Parshall, That last photo is nice. Really shows off the custom cowl. Again, that's some great work! Gives me the urge to get my feet wet with boats!
JUMP IN AND GET WET!!! Thanks, that is my favorite pic yet!!! need still shot of it going by shore at 60mph with big rooster tail!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:34 PM
parshallboatworks

Got the BULLITT running pretty good now, it's about broken in and a joy to drive. have let the pull starter slip out of fingers resulting in a hole in deck..... repaired and ready for this weekend's first club race!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:12 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build I loved my Rocket T boat from Joe,she was a complete forgive the pun ROCKET with a full mod she was knocking on the door of 70 mph and turns at full tilt, no need to back off once I found the nerve to keep the hammer down lol.Joes one of the best and his kits are awesome,easy to build and fast as hell.
Mart
Old 05-15-2013, 10:57 AM
parshallboatworks

Same with his BULLITT!!! No bad habits turns wide open! Only issue I had was watercooling.. Had to add a prop blast pickup. And have had to patch a couple holes in deck from pull start handle slipping out of hand and snapping back. Joe is a great guy, he is a member of our club, but is moving in aug. and will be missed.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:57 PM
jvdd

parshallboatworks

I love the cowl you made up for your boat.
I have just picked up 2 Bullitt kits and was thinking of doing something similar, can you tell me where or how you made
these extra bits I tried to click on the photo's but they won't enlarge. I'm thinking of one with a exposed motor and the other similar to yours
as I have a rocket tboat done in the std way and really love her.

any tips or hints will be greatly apreciated.
jim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.