RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Unofficial all things Jet drive thread
Old 04-29-2013, 05:52 AM
sundogz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Unofficial all things Jet drive thread

Yes, I am waiting on a reply from a customer of yours that got real quiet after installing your 'system'. I described the video needed because running at WOT doesn't show the increase in speed like a slow wind up will. I have done extensive testing with this boat (look back through this thread) and jet and what you describe doesn't happen. After about (3000kv on 3S, - 4500kv on 2S) the jet reaches a point of deminishing returns and though it sounds faster, it isn't really going faster (but will sometimes spin the impeller on the shaft). Use a GPS and you'll see for yourself. You may be impressing upon some who haven't the time to read this whole thread, but not those who have been there. I have removed all vibration with good couplers (made by Jeff Wohlt) and it didn't affect the speed anything like you are implying. And even an epoxy coating won't hold up like a straight metal shaft in a bushing, and that can be proven too. And vibration has little to do with cavitation (I think you mean aeration) keeping your shaft bore greased will do more to that end. Sorry man, nothing personal, but none of that makes real sense. Make a movie as I described and you'll see for yourself. Nothing new here.