RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Unofficial all things Jet drive thread
Old 04-30-2013, 05:28 AM
sundogz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Unofficial all things Jet drive thread

Hi again Steve. You forgot to include pics and I still see none on your website. Maybe that's not a mistake. Let me clarify a few things - in no particular order. The primary 'reason for being' if you will, of a flex shaft is to bend. To go where a straight shaft will not go. Not to 'eliminate vibration' as you say. Of course if your straight shaft is bent, then a flex will vibrate less. But it will not 'eliminate the vibration' as stated on your site and here in this forum. A flex shaft used to correct misalignment problems is also robbing energy. A flex shaft that is 'supported' by a piece of tubing that is unsupported (sticking out of the pump body) is unsupported, nonetheless, and is inherently prone to vibration, movement and wear. When we speak of power and thrust, I hold that they are one and the same when connected by a solid shaft (as in this example). You apply power, you get thrust. But perhaps not if a 'flex' shaft is what is transmitting the power and there is a loss of energy from the motor to the impeller. Math: 4800kv x 11.1v = 53,280rpm's. That is more than twice the useful speed of the jet. All that can do is prematurely wear out components (so you can sell more?). Granted, I've addressed the fact that some people relate more noise with speed, but we both know that is not true. Now on to more important things: Do you hold a patent to your 'system'? Have you infringed on any copyrights with 'your' hull kit (it looks amazingly similar to Graupners Jet Sprint). Will you post pics of how your 'system' is installed and show how it is better? There is one thing I agree with here, and that is that we are in total disagreement of any 'benefits' your 'system' actually provide. Thanks for the 'lesson', I am always open to new ideas and concepts if they don't counter the laws of science. Again, G'dday.