RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen Tanks
Thread: Taigen Tanks
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Taigen Tanks

ORIGINAL: B/Man

A lot of the Taigen upgrade parts look identical to AsiaTam products (not a bad thing). Are the two companies related at all or do they just use the same manufacturer for their parts?

Also, does Taigen have any plans to release upgraded hulls for any other tanks in the near future? The Panther would be an obvious contender and I think the Heng Long Pershing and PzIV are really lacking in upgrade parts in general.
Agreed...these look like AsiaTam's stuff...not that I mind a local(US)supplier. And, I know their quality. So, if it's the same stuff then that is already saying something.

Upgrades to make:
PzIV: how about the metal road wheels and make some metal return rollers (AsiaTam has the former).
M26 and M41: FIX the suspension. Rather than repainting or adding metal bits. Start by fixing the suspension. There should be two road wheels that do NOT have struts on each tank. (not to mention that the M41 is out of scale...good runner, though)

Kit idea is good because the paint job would have to come off anyways since there is a lot of detailing and possible upgrades that would interfere with the paint job. The gearboxes look like the "low-profile" metal boxes that HL made a while back for the Stug. Other sites are advertising a 4:1 steel gear box with black gears.

I am curious about the 2.4 GHz. It looks like the receiver board and the control board are integrated into the same board. Is that right? I don't see the receiver board in the pictures; so, I'm guessing the antenna goes directly to the control board. Does the control board have a plug for headlights and tail lights? M26 and M41 require plugs for both.