RCU Forums - View Single Post - LST shocks on the CEN Genesis
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:51 AM
savage dust bunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LST shocks on the CEN Genesis

Here are the costings for the LST setup.

I just haven't had the time to take photos, weigh the truck etc...yet, but they will follow soon enough.

Prices exclude shipping, import tax etc.

4 x LST shocks - USD39 from ebay - if you are in a rush, expect to pay maybe USD10-20 more as Buy-Now. I waited and bid on these.
2 x LOSB2900 plastic shock parts & 1 x LOSA6242 caphead screws & 1 x 5-40 nuts - USD31 from my local RC pusher
1 x 3mm threaded rod at least 28cm long - USD4
8 x spacers/standoffs at least 7mm thick - USD5-10 maybe, I had some lying around.
8 x washers 1mm thick - these are needed IF the standoffs are not wide enough to stop the shocks from travelling all the way to the tower - get these real cheap from your LHS

My 2nd plan was to cut some aluminium plates to extend the width of the shock towers, however I have dropped this idea as it's unnecessary for my needs - you may want to do it though... On the flipside, I will cut the TVPs all the way down to the top of the battery tray and a bit further forward to allow for more space for the fat LST springs. I have mine mounted in the most outward holes on both the tower and arm.

Finally, I spoke with Lee from CEN and must say it was a very interesting chat we had and now...I look forward to receiving those drive cups :-)