RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another new blog article: Fligth controls geometry pt1
Old 05-25-2013, 03:35 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another new blog article: Fligth controls geometry pt1

Once again, REALLY good information and well presented Oli.
Enjoying this hobby can be a financial stretch for a lot of us and knowing this sort of behind-the-scenes engineering does take place with some manuafactures should add to the confidence of the owner, and become a serious consideration in an investment decision. For those that don't then the information is clearly available (ie. in your posted work or elsewhere) so there is no excuse for ignoring it.

I'm sure you will get a lot of questions on other design elements as you continue to develop this resource base. Perhaps creating a summary page that the articles can link too would be helpful as the database grows. Maybe even a "frequently asked questions" page, as well as a 'new owners checklist'. Something someone can use to check the integrity and design of their new (or used) airframe when they get it. Just some random thoughts/suggestions.

On a future topic idea, as a builder I've always been curious about trailing edge geometry. Some like squared off TE's and others like razor sharp TE's. why? Does it matter what the surface is and if it moves, etc? Anyway, make that topic a low priority, this geometry and flight control subject matter has an immediate need in jet production these days. As does modern material selection and proper useage.

Great stuff!