RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)
Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Guijs = Can you be more specific about the symptoms? Is the engine dying - cutting out - at full throttle? How does it run at WOT on the ground? What kind of RPM's are you getting? Is it too rich and burbling too much? Is this happening all the time, or only during certain maneuvers? Have you asked someone else at your field - someone who is familiar with gassers - what they think?

If it's not getting enough fuel you may have a leak in your fuel line, or a problem inside the tank, or there may be gunk in your carb or other filter. Are you using a fuel filter? Are you sure your throttle throws are set correctly? How does it act at idle? Does it hold a steady idle without cutting out? Do you know how to tune a gas engine?

My DLE 30 was cutting out recently after a minute or two of flight and I could not figure out why, until I took the tank apart and found that the uptake line had slipped off the tube. Did you put barbs on the copper tank tubes to hold the line in place? (one of the many differences between gas and nitro...)

Sorry for all the questions, but we need to narrow down the possibilities here.

Mike