RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)
Old 05-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Guijs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

microdon2

The engine is not dying or cutting out. It is like sputtering, gasping, missing, like if it was no fuel for very short intervals (I`m sorry I am not american and I don`t know exactly the terms). It happens at WOTon the ground and it also happens at WOTin flight when in a long straight line. I am getting 7500rpm with a 15x12 APC prop, but it was happening with MAS 15x8 and 15x10 props too.

I have tested from a too rich high needle to too lean mixture. Same problem. I becomes better or worse depending of the needle setup, but it neve goes completely away. Unfortunately I don`t have anyone to ask about it.

I am using Dubro Fuel Filterand a Sullivan Round Tank. The throttle trows are fine, the idles holds very steady at low RPM without cutting out at all. This is my first gas engine but I tuned it following a PDF that I have found here at RCU or RCGROUPS. I can`t find the link right now.

Do you think that this dubro tank filter may be not getting enough fuel? I am using 3/32 tygon tubbing. Would a 1/8 tubbing help?

I am using clamps to hold the lines. I also changed the stock spark plug to a NGK CM-6.

I thank you for all the questions!