RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lost passion for flying, now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:59 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lost passion for flying, now what?

Our field is active with much chatting and discussion and a farily wide age range... I'm guessing 75 down ealry 20's and a couple even younger with one I guess around 12. It's nice to seek all ages getting along due to the common interest... Some of these guys are walking history books... the stories they tell working on planes, in the Navy, etc.. I had my electric little PT19 out and one of the members came up to me and said I used to work on those.. one day the prop was revving up and it spun off... people were running everywhere as it bounced down the runway !!

I think you need to fly what you're interested in. It also helps in my opinion if you like to build as well so you can build what your interested in. Sure, you can get just about anything these days in 48" span and foam... but those who see where I'm coming from... It's just not the same.... is it?? With the days upon us of drop down your cash and fly 2 hours later, there doesn't seem to be much buy-in to the process... physically, mentally and most importantly intrinsically. Through my very unscientific observations.... I hear this... "I just don't feel like flying" statement more often in the new crop of pilots who only know ARFs, foamies, etc or those who have been in the bobby for some time and have switched over to ARFs. There is one common factor in my observation linking these two diverse types of pilots. The lack of buy-in to the process.... the ability to get something with little effort often leads to boredom. I'm not a psychologist... I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night