Old 06-12-2013, 12:27 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Gas prices

ORIGINAL: skip1320

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

As long as we keep buying it they wont lower the price, it's pretty simple
+5,, I said start planting corn way before it was mainstream news,Just a motorhead thing
Oh boy, while I'm in 100% agreement with you, you've opened a can of worms with this post, and are likely to get a lot of negative comments. That is because while ethanol is a very, very good option to our fuel problems, the propaganda supported and circulated by the oil companies against it makes this a stormy issue. People think that if we go ethanol, there will be food shortages and food price increases. They just don't understand the millions of acres of land that can be farmed and presently aren't used. The government even pays farmers to not plant crops sometimes. (I personally know several of these farmers myself.) I could fly you over thousands and thousands of acres of farms that have been closed down here in Arizona, because the farmers just couldn't make enough to keep going and went bankrupt. All that, as well as millions of others like it, as well as millions of acres of never farmed land, could be used for ethanol crops. And the plants would consume carbon dioxide and create oxygen. Brazil went ethanol clear back when the oil companies screwed us the first time in the early 70's and are doing fine with it. None of the horrors the naysayers predict about ethanol have come to pass in Brazil's multi-decade use of it. Sure, there would be some "growing pains" while equipment got properly updated to use it, but it wouldn't take long and is far, far from impossible.

But how long do you think all the execs of the oil companies could live on steak and lobster and buy politicians if we didn't need their product any more?? We're talking an industry of billions and billions of dollars that is stronger than any force in human history. Do you think they'll quietly let that die?

While many people were/are starving and struggling with the financial crisis, the oil companies posted unbelievable, record, billion dollar profits. Isn't there something just wrong about that???

AV8TOR