RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 P-40 Warhawk
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 05:39 AM
Jaybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 P-40 Warhawk

Here is my pilot and instrument panel.

I'm thinking of spraying the covering with a fuelproof dull coat or matte finish to take the gloss off of it. I saw an E-Flite P-51B done this way and it really looked sharp (rather than shiney). Has anyone else tried that on this covering?

I've seen a few models with guns added. The full size seems to have several variations and quantaties of guns depending on the series and when and where is saw service. One picture I've found with the AGV paint scheme had two long barrels on each wing. Most of the other models seems to have three short barrels per wing. Any thoughts on adding them?

Although I was pleased to pick up this kit and engine for such a great price, I'm a little dissappointed in the fit and finish that was done on it. There are a lot of glue drips and epoxy fingerprints all over the place. He also mounted the aileron pushrod clips further down on the servo arm and had to enlarge the slots in the servo hatches by quite a bit.

The fuel tank was missing from the auction package so I ordered one from Horizon using the manual part number. It doesn't quite fit in the opening and it doesn't line up with the hole the firewall even if it's turned upside down. I'll have to carve out a new hole to pass the fuel lines through.

Anyway, it will be interesting to try out this type of aircraft and see how it flies.

Jaybird
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16266.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1897000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26819.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1897001