RCU Forums - View Single Post - Real Flight RC Plane Simulator
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 05:09 PM
daddyrabbit1234
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Flight RC Plane Simulator

I would suggest an instructor and a buddy box. I took my first lesson 1 month ago and I was able to fly my plane the next day. The first day at the club there was 4 instructors and 4 students. We had a class on basic flight and setup then we moved to the simulator's. I declined to use the simulator and opted to go straight to the flight line. I started buddy boxing with a foam cub using only elevator and rudder and worked my way up through 4 more planes all in that same day while increasing the controls on each one. At the end of the day I worked on how to taxi,take off and land. The next day I flew my own plane. I've had a simulator for over a year that came with my first plane and I have yet to use it and doubt that I ever will.The only thing I could see a sim teaching would be orientation of the plane when flying it. When the plane is coming straight toward me the controls seemed backwards. I said this to my instructor and he said if I started to have trouble when the plane was coming toward me I could just turn my body to face the same way the plane was facing and I would overcome this quickly and it worked.