RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help charging LiPos.
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 05:08 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Help charging LiPos.

ORIGINAL: StarscreamF22

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Well if the charger can charge the 5S one at 5.8A go for it I was just saying depending on the wattage of the charger. If the charger is rated for 100Watts you are fine at 5.8Amps(I would do 5A to not stress the charger though) as it would require 99Watts to charge it. If its a 60 Watt charger 3.3amps would be about the maximum it could handle charging a 5S battery.

Slow charging lipos I don't see the point if it saves anything it would probably be negligible. I mean like 10 seconds more run time after 70 cycles you won't notice if its true or not
As long as you don't charge them over their ratings they should be fine which is why I said when in doubt go with 1C charge rate.

This is the charger I have http://www.giantshark.co.uk/power-a6...-p-404612.html

Sorry for the stupid questions but I don't understand what you mean by 1C charge rate?
if I read the specs right then it will be able to charge your 5s pack at 5.8amps.

1c charge rate relates to the MAH divided by 1000. so, 5,800mah divided by 1000 gives you 5.8....the amp rate you should charge at.
But some lipo packs will say 2c or higher (obviously higher grade lipos) so a 2c capable pack means if it is 5000mah...you could charge it a 10amps. Doesn't mean you have to....and your charger can do 6amps max.

Charging at less than 1c is pointless. charging a 5000mah pack at 2.5amps wont really make it last any longer. And since many chargers have a "time-out" function, it may just make it so you have to start the charging cycle twice. My charger will time out if a pack takes more than 120minutes to charge.

So as stated earlier, charge your 5s at 5.8 and your 4500mah pack at 4.5amps