RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJCraft BISIDE
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 07:19 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: BJCraft BISIDE

Hey Guys,

I just received a Bi Side bipe so that I can do another build thread. I thought I would start this one off a little differently. Since there has been some recent discussion regarding the shipping crates etc. I thought I would highlight the packaging job that BJ Craft does. I was really impressed by the packaging on this so we'll start off by showing the pics of packing.

First, the crate is pretty stout. The wood is indeed more sturdy than on the past crates. The crate is made of 5mm plywood, as opposed to 2.5mm plywood that was used on my Episode crate. It has 8mm doublers around all the edges and at the center. So, it's a pretty stout box.

As you can see in the attached pic, when you open the crate it is filled with shredded paper (masking leftovers from the paint shop). Once you remove this you see how neatly and tidy everything is tucked into the crate. All of the hardware items (wheel pants, CF tubing etc) is packed inside a cardboard frame which is used to secure the vertical fin of the fuse. There are some very heavy duty cross members at the top of the crate which are bolted in place from the outside.

When you remove the vertical fin support then you need to unbolt the fuse from its mounting bracket. The Fuse is secured by a support brace that runs through the landing gear mount and is then inserted into some ply disks. The disks are bolted to the side of the crate, but they are free to slide on the cross brace slightly. Pretty clever.

After you unbolt the fuselage brace then everything lifts out of the crate in one piece. The wings are lightly taped to the fuse to hold them in place. Everything is wrapped in protective foam and the parts are all individually wrapped in sealed plastic bags.

I am letting is sit overnight before I unwrap it because I don't want to shock it too severely. I am not joking. It just came from one of the most humid places on earth and is now in a really dry climate. I figure its best to let it acclimate a bit. I can wait a day.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70931.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	1903457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95422.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1903458