RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJCraft BISIDE
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 07:33 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: BJCraft BISIDE

I should add that it looks very, very different than the original prototype that I flew back in May. He has been a very busy man!

Notable differences:
- Completely different wing design. This is a much smaller wing than the protoype. B.J. mentioned that he was reducing the wing area because the protoype had too much lift. This is a far smaller wing and should really do well. In addition to being smaller in area he has changed the DTFS wing planform design. I think the tip shape is much less drastic than on the original. I think the TE has more of a forward sweep as well.
- The top wing has negative dihedral (anhedral) whereas this was not the case in the prototype.
- The vertical fin and rudder are noticeably larger, this will be good for additional yaw stability
- The spinner is larger than on the Nuance and Episode. I think it is sized for a 3" spinner, but I didn't measure it exactly.

My first impressions, even looking at it through a plastic bag, is that the colors really pop. I'll post more pics later for all you guys that didn't get to see it at the NATS.