View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:20 AM
MTK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which is best 26-35cc engine?

ORIGINAL: ahicks

Matt, I get the fact 100 hours of engine time is a bunch, more than many (most?) engines will see in their lifetime. But just to provide an opposing view regarding amortized costs? Though it's hard for me to imagine wearing out my 20, if I did, I could replace it, leaving me with a brand new engine, and still saving money over the price of an OS?

An RCGF (have you seen the beam mounted 26 w/same weight and dims as the 20?) or the VV engines are even less money, and just as likely to go the distance as well?

Point being, for what you have into a 200 dollar engine, and what you can reasonably expect for it's lifetime given reasonable luck and care, spending 500 on one 20cc engine not for guys with pockets as shallow as mine are....
Understood Al,

That's Why I also have DLE's, both 35's and 55's. Also tried Mintor, ZDZ, Syssa, PTE, but sold them. Loved my Syssa's but mid range just wasn't there. OS and DLE only from now on until something better (better value) comes along. I don't have any penchant for DA because to me, you pay an awful lot for about the same as a DLE powerwise (low value)......BUTDA's are worth it to alot of people. That's just fine by me.....

Just received a VVRC 40 twin. 400 for a small twin that promises quite a bit, is at least worthy of evaluation....We'll see how it stacks up against the OS33, especially in midrange. Gotta love that 34 ounce engine weight...wow!! Wooda been lighter yet had they gone with a single nut prop//shaft set-up.....