RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli F9F Panther - made in Serbia
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:52 AM
mirce

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Ziroli F9F Panther - made in Serbia

Irtrtf, sorry for delay on answer, I saw your comment today...

This model from grass airfield start very well. Jet Cat P80 is little to much for this "bird", so after 25 - 30 meters Panther is in the air. I saw that modeler scale up plans for 20% and made bigger F9F with same engine. For information, this Panther is 12,5 kg with fuel, and turbine thrust is 10 kg. I fly it always with few clicks under half throttle, full throttle is needed just on take off, or if you want to made unlimited vertical figure...

After about 80 flights, my Panther went to "retirement"...

I take out all parts from model, some is install in my new project Galeb G2, and some will be back in F9F after "face lift"...

Few belly landings, and few not so smooth landings, made some damage on fuselage under side. Luckily that are just scratches and on few parts was missing edges or small piece of balsa. Structural everything is OK...

Because I want to sell a Panther, I decided to completely fix and repaired it. The surgery is not large, I need to sand complete model, change parts that are damaged, on whole model, after that, will be added acrylic putty, which will fill all holes and scratches, then sanding... After that "therapy", Panther will be ready for painting.
Color scheme will be completely different, but Ali's model will be again my "inspiration"...

Work started with wings ...

Panther is painted with polyurethane paint, which is very hard. In some places, there are three layers, so I was really "struggled" while I'm all sand down.
I tried to take off gray filler as much I could, but I took care not to accidentally break the glass cloth ...

After wings, fuselage was next...

Now I need to fix all damage. There are not many and not be a problem to fix everything ...

To be continued...

Regards

Mirce