RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster F-86 1/5 first products
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster F-86 1/5 first products

Hi Jon,

Likewise, would like to hear your comments after the suggested mods and next flight. Thanks for the heads up on the landing lights fitment - I figured something similar. Normally I run between 120 and 135 pounds pressure on my main oleo's - by deflating them, aren't you bottoming out badly during the landing?

Must say, I have/had numerous SM jets (1 x F15, 1 x F-5, Small F-86, Big T-33, Small Hawk, Big Hawk100 and Big Viper) - not one was a problem - all fly/flew well and has given me many hours of pleasure.

Planning to mod the tank too and shorten it both ends - will still end up with at least 1.5 liters in it, making for at least a total 5 liters.

I have had some positive input on cg with most agreeing the best position being just behind the canopy ending on the fuselage (in other words just behind the main carbon spar, but in front of the main doors - a range of around 10mm). Just not sure it that is wheels up or down.

Perhaps some of the other old hands flying this model in current spec can dial in too.

Cheers,

Jan