RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Aircraft are you installing your DLE20
Old 10-06-2013, 04:45 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Haven't owned a Super Chipmunk in over 20 years but it was always my favorite plane. I am about to build another one. The Carl Goldberg .60 size kit. I was originally going to install the evolution 10cc engine, then I was thinking the evolution 15cc and now after doing research on engine weight I am considering the dle 20cc. I know its a .60 sized plane and the 20cc is obviously overkill but my question is, will it work? I am just looking for it to be gas powered and reliable. I already own a dle 35 in my Pilot Rc Edge 540 and love it. Any advice? Or am I plain nuts? LOL
Thanks in advance,
Alvin
Alvin, there are a TON of guys flying the 70" Revolver 60 using DLE 20's. It handles the power just fine and makes an awesome all around sport plane. It's about 850 sq in and usually comes in between 9-10lbs? It's the smallest 20cc plane I've flown that really flies well.

The Chipmunk you're talking about (I think?) is 64", just under 700 sq in, and 6-8 lbs (maybe a little more with the 20?). My experience would say this is going to make for a plane with fairly heavy wing loading, similar to a lot of the military stuff? That's just a guess though. Wouldn't argue the point until flying one.
These are the specs I'm using:
http://www.carlgoldbergproducts.com/.../gpma0952.html