RCU Forums - View Single Post - Decisions Decisions
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 06:07 AM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Neil,

The advantage,..ummmm? Probably more Q80's out there than the A60-7S. The Q80 has a bit more power perhaps, but not by much in my opinion. I put my Spin 99 on the A60-7S to see, if there was a difference. I definately gained more power using a the same F3A Unlimited 35C-5100. For the money you can't beat the setup cost of the A60-7S. The draw back for me is installing a fire wall for the A60-7S and the ease of servicing it. The front mounted system is much quicker to install and you can swap motors very quickly, if need be. I can have my Q80 in and out in about 10 minutes or less. The A60-7S about 20 the way I had mine mounted (look at the build thread of the EPIC by JAS, perhaps a firewall idea like his would be the way to go?

I would run the A60-7S-V2 again and I may install one in my Nuance and just put the Q80-14XS in the EPIC.

The battery selection is also important. I purchased 4 sets of Zippy Compact 5000 to practice with and even fly local contest with, until I moved up to better packs. The Zippys are only 25 C packs and the F3AU packs are 35C and the New TP G8's are 25C, but feel more like 35C packs. The Zippy packs are not as strong as the TP or the F3A packs, but a great practice pack for the money. I know you have done you're homework and I'm just sharing some practical testing I've done to help me understand EP better.

Bill

Originally Posted by Neilbo4
Hi Bill,

Thank you for the candid response. I am somewhat partial to Hacker motors only because of the electric motor experience I have, they have all been Hacker motors. I think my ideal setup would be the Hacker Q80-13 or 14XS but like you said that route is a but more costly. What is the advantage in running the Q80-13/14XS vs. the A60-7S?

Neil