RCU Forums - View Single Post - Decisions Decisions
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Neilbo4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bill, thanks again for all your replies, I appreciate all the information you have provided.

I can see how the mounting of the A60-7S can be a bit of a downside when compared to the Q80. After looking through some of the threads on various 2M planes, it seems a handful of people have successfully installed a firewall and mounted motors similar to the A60-7S. With the price difference in mind I am leaning towards going with the A60-7S and retrofitting a firewall in the airframe.

I agree, battery selection is extremely important. I have heard good things about the Zippy compacts and your experiences confirm what others have said. Good bang for your buck, not quite as much power as TP but for half the cost that is what I would expect. I have also been toying with the idea of running an 8S setup for two reasons: I currently have 8S packs and 8S is a little bit lighter than a 10S setup. But I would have to change my motor choice if I were to decide on 8S. If I can get a 2M plane ready to fly to weigh in around 4550 grams with a motor setup producing between 2500-2600 watts, I think 8S would be good.

Neil

Last edited by Neilbo4; 11-11-2013 at 09:56 AM.