RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Evolution 10cc gas engine
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 08:04 PM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by capdave
I'm hoping this thread is still active.

So the basic question is -- Has anyone had issues with the coil interfering with the receiver.

I've had two planes crash due to receiver interference (using two different spektrum receivers on a dx8). One was a permanent bind loss,
where the coil was 4" from the receiver. The second was a "seizure" like interference (ie., random, violent, control inputs) and the coil was
8" from the receiver. Assume all prudences were taken on my part - I.E., plug secured and locked on, seperate battery for coil and receiver, etc.

After speaking to Horizon they advised me to send it in and I just put it in the mail today. From all the positive reviews I've been reading on this
thread, it sounds like I may have just been the unlucky one to get a bum coil or whatever.

Thanks.

pictures of your setup might help here. I have the engine in a pretty small plane ( read close quarters to the receiver, battery is probably 3-4 inches from the receiver… )

I haven't had any issues like this but I'm sure there are several people following this thread that would love to try and help if they can.