RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Evolution 10cc gas engine
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Joystick TX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete Bergstrom
Giddyup,

This is very important. To lock the cap in place you push it on as you have described and then rotate the cap clockwise about 1/6 of a turn. This will lock it in place. To remove you would rotate counterclockwise the same 1/6 of a turn and then pull straight off.

There are very many of these engines in the field being run and the few (3-4) issues of radio interference we are aware of can always be traced back to not locking the cap in place.

Pete
I recently bought one of these engines and I read the instructions about locking the cap, it did take several tries to get it pushed down far enough to lock. I was trying to be careful not to break off the cap or the plug. I was about to give up and assume it was an error in the manual, but I finally did get it locked. I think I had to push it at least as hard as the plug cap on my DLE 35. It will twist and lock easily once you get it pushed down far enough.

Got about 1/2 hour of flying time on the engine on a .40 sized Ultra-Stick and it has been great. Okay, I like lots of power, I had an OS .82 Four Stroke on it before. Anyway, the engine was easy to start and the carb adjustment went very well. Also, no dead stick landings which is great for a new out of the box engine. Can't wait for our cold snap to end so I can get in more stick time.