RCU Forums - View Single Post - SPE 26 not sparking and box making noise
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 AM
rcpilot51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPE 26 not sparking and box making noise

I am New to RC Universe . So Hi to all . I got a SPE 26 . I think the Ignition is out . I have read so were here that others like mine when out but seem like I cant find it so I am posting the problem . Here it goes I bought this engine used low time at a swap meet like I have read a guy on here did . I bought it about 3 or 4 years ago but never used it because I bought a house two years prior and rehabbed the house Now I am just getting done now . Thank GOD and now I am getting back were I left off one of my love building and flying . So I have a Carl Goldburg Ultimate . I was going to put a OS 120 and have one but it realy needs rebuilt so I was looking in the bin for a suited engine and came across the 3W and this SPE 26 . I liked how the SPE 26 fit better than the 3W on that plane . So I started to check it out and see if every thing will work befor I start cutting on the plane to fit it . I under stood that this engine takes 4 to 6 volts to run . I plugged in the ignition with 4 volts spark plug out and grounded to the block and swing the hub back and forth on the pickup . Guess what no spark but a ringing tone from the box . So I got a 2 cell lipo with 7.5 volts chocked it down to 5 volts check the volts 5 volts plugged that in same thing again no spark . The I used the same Lipo with out the choke at 7.5 volt still the same . Just a ringing tone and no spark . I opened the box and looked at the board to see if the board has any burned marks . None anywere in there . I tryed a new spark plug even . NONE . I even stuck my finger in the boot and turned it over Nope no spark . Not even one hair stood up . I had read that these early ignitions went out like over night . My box has the dark blue tap that holds the lids on and it has a red spark cable and black boot and shielded of course . I like to know why is it making that sound and if Cermark would replace it ? and what other people had to deal with this problem . Thanks for reading .