Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

SPE 26 not sparking and box making noise

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

SPE 26 not sparking and box making noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 AM
rcpilot51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPE 26 not sparking and box making noise

I am New to RC Universe . So Hi to all . I got a SPE 26 . I think the Ignition is out . I have read so were here that others like mine when out but seem like I cant find it so I am posting the problem . Here it goes I bought this engine used low time at a swap meet like I have read a guy on here did . I bought it about 3 or 4 years ago but never used it because I bought a house two years prior and rehabbed the house Now I am just getting done now . Thank GOD and now I am getting back were I left off one of my love building and flying . So I have a Carl Goldburg Ultimate . I was going to put a OS 120 and have one but it realy needs rebuilt so I was looking in the bin for a suited engine and came across the 3W and this SPE 26 . I liked how the SPE 26 fit better than the 3W on that plane . So I started to check it out and see if every thing will work befor I start cutting on the plane to fit it . I under stood that this engine takes 4 to 6 volts to run . I plugged in the ignition with 4 volts spark plug out and grounded to the block and swing the hub back and forth on the pickup . Guess what no spark but a ringing tone from the box . So I got a 2 cell lipo with 7.5 volts chocked it down to 5 volts check the volts 5 volts plugged that in same thing again no spark . The I used the same Lipo with out the choke at 7.5 volt still the same . Just a ringing tone and no spark . I opened the box and looked at the board to see if the board has any burned marks . None anywere in there . I tryed a new spark plug even . NONE . I even stuck my finger in the boot and turned it over Nope no spark . Not even one hair stood up . I had read that these early ignitions went out like over night . My box has the dark blue tap that holds the lids on and it has a red spark cable and black boot and shielded of course . I like to know why is it making that sound and if Cermark would replace it ? and what other people had to deal with this problem . Thanks for reading .
Old 12-09-2013, 11:29 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like you need a new ignition module. Get the best from here.
http://www.ch-ignitions.com/
Cermark is no longer in business. Dan.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:57 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah sounds like the ignition module went bad. If it makes a sound as you run the timing sensor past the magnet on the hub, then the ignition unit has a problem.
I would contact CH-Ignitions about a replacement ignition system for your engine.

You might be able to use a RCexl ignition unit, but it depends on how your timing sensor works.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:12 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=953717

Milton
Old 12-10-2013, 01:47 PM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Replace the sensor at the same time you get a new ignition. SPE uses different connectors and wiring then anybody else for the sensor.
It is a standard hall effect switch sensor and you can re-wire it if it works?
Old 12-31-2013, 11:55 PM
Octopus RC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need a new RCEXL Ignition , check out our store .