RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Tiger Tails????
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 02:15 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tim,

I had to split the post as the previous one was too loooong...

Wing belly pan - I like your idea about the stringers on the belly pan and sheeting over it but do all of it that way...my gosh man, you're a genius! I'll have to look into that. When I saw that it was carved I thought, ya, right.
Thanks for the high praise (or..., tongue in cheek) but unfortunately not a revolutionary concept. Many a pan I've come across is done that way if they are deep enough. I was thinking of a partial stringer pan (rear two thirds) since the wing front mount dowels are located below the centerline of the wing in order to have some ply material from F2W above the dowels. It helps to have some solid balsa behind that so the dowels traverse ply, balsa and then foam within the wing for a solid mount. Also, the bottom of F2 has a fair bit of curvature so having solid balsa (vertically laminated 3/8" sheet works for me) there insures no voids after carving to shape.

Yet, as I think about the plug-in wing/removable top approach, the belly of the fuse could be constructed by extending the front block and rear skinned bottom building design.

The canopy mold came out great. Pics later.
Saw those - nicely done!

David