RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contest Director and problem flyer
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 05:53 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by NeroZero
Wow ! I've never had anyone tell me to accost someone. I thought you Canucks were suppose to be easy going. I'm sure there are non-violent ways of communicating that something is unsafe and will not be tolerated. But thanks for the advise.
What have you never seen a hockey game??? But seriously this topic affects every club at one time or another. I feel that the best solution is simply wait until the pilot lands and is safely in the pits and then approach him in a positive manner, state your concern and then politely walk away. At that point he has heard what you have to say. What he does with that information is beyond your control. If the violation continues then you refer the matter to the club board. There is nothing worse then having a bunch of empowered cowboys running around. We had that scenario at my club at one time. At the north end of our runway we can only fly out about 600'. One day I was flying a 40% Extra and had to land from the north. I was being careful not to go over the no fly zone and just as I turned to final I have a club member 10 feet behind me yelling at the top of his lungs that I was over the no fly zone. Rather difficult to land under that sort of condition. After I landed and put away my airplane I went over to this person and explained to him in a clam manner that the proper way to handle that would have been to wait until I was safely on the ground. My comments were immediately rejected with a nasty " You IMAC guys are going to get us closed down ". I went home and posted the indecent on the clubs online forum. Within 20 minuets I received a call for the club president. He reminded me of the no fly zone, I reminded him that for a decade I had been competing IMAC and I know where my airplane is being flown and reminded him that his editorial in the last news letter about it being everyone's responsibility to enforce club rules had resulted in a bunch of guys feeling empowered and going on a chest beating crusade. I informed him that this club member took a possible airspace violation and turned it into a safety hazard. He again reminded me of the no fly zone and asked if I would agree to him deleting my post. Obviously I mostly fly elsewhere.