RCU Forums - View Single Post - New JR28X
Thread: New JR28X
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:25 PM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveL322
Just a quick note on gimbals - the JR XG14 has a metal gimbal ring that makes the stops feel very positive. The 12X gimbal has been my favorite for a long time, but the XG14 feels as good, with the more positive stop. I can't wait to get my hands on the 28X.

Regards,
I put stiffer springs on my 14MZ but could only go so far as I was told the plastic parts that held the springs would fail with too much load. I recently got some stiffer springs for my Jeti DS-16 which has all metal gimbals and Hall effect encoders and it really helps reduce any crosstalk. You can really feel when you have pure elevator or pure aileron. I'm sure you will like the new JR.

I'm also enjoying the Telemetry. I record my transmitter stick positions and receiver antenna signal quality, voltage, etc. You just connect the Mezon ESC to the receiver and you get all the motor data. I also have GPS and a Variometer. Analyzing the flight path and altitude data is making me very critical of my flying. The hardest part is flying parallel to the runway inside 200 meters and staying in the box.

Jim O