RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horsepower War A Brewing!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 04:54 PM
twissted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could It just takes lipos to do it. One set for each heat. No problem! I have a 42'' catamaran that is HYDRO and can run 6 lap with ease. whats speeds are needed to win? 70-80 mph?
By the way they make your motor to run on 8s. I run it in my 5th scale truck It's the Beast X524 2Y 910kv motor. If you put a blindfold on and put both in your hand you couldn't tell the difference.
the color of the can is the only thing to tell them apart. Even the inside other than the 2y winding to get 910kv. but if your looking for the right motor for your boat that will do the laps you need and the power you want to run faster than anyone on the lake you will need TP power 5850 series to do so. I know that brushless isn't in your class because it is in a class by it's self and have a much unfair advantage. Brushless isn't cheap, but it is the fastest thing you can put in the water period. I would run a 5850 in my 1/5 scale truck but the drivetrain will not take the power that it makes and so it is not needed. I would like to have a pair for my 1400 Genesis though.

Last edited by twissted; 03-18-2014 at 05:40 PM.