RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horsepower War A Brewing!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 05:42 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twissted
I could It just takes lipos to do it. One set for each heat. No problem! I have a 42'' catamaran that is HYDRO and can run 6 lap with ease. whats speeds are needed to win? 70-80 mph?
By the way they make your motor to run on 8s. I run it in my 5th scale truck It's the Beast X524 2Y 910kv motor. If you put a blindfold on and put both in your hand you couldn't tell the difference.
the color of the can is the only thing to tell them apart. Even the inside other than the 2y winding to get 910kv. but if your looking for the right motor for your boat that will do the laps you need and the power you want to run faster than anyone on the lake you will need TP power 5850 series to do so. I know that brushless isn't in your class because it is in a class by it's self and have a much unfair advantage. Brushless isn't cheap.

this whole post is wrong
first a catamaran is "NOT" a Hydro and would not be allowed to race with the true "Hydros"

second you say their is no brushless in our classes when in fact we run them! (you run your mouth without true facts)

and third I am "wanting to build a brushless Hydro to race this year against the gas hydros!
and the TP motors are very much "over rated" !!!!!

and last you say brusless isnt cheap like that keeps racers away? have your priced our gas motors? din't think so cuz they cost more than those over rated tp electrics

you still have yet to show me a "real" working constant "single" 10hp (not peak hp) brushless motor and esc to run on 8s with about 750-800kv so I can run gas size props to race in my Hydro that will beat the Mod gas motors they run now

you make comments on this forum and others like we don't know a thing about brushless and that is so wrong....
plus you always post the same pictures all over the web of your "twin" motored boats to run against single gas motored boats............. yeah ok like you need twins to beat our gas hydros I get it... you need two motors to get it done....

"Run your boat not your mouth"

I'm done with this non sense and want to get back to the OP of this thread and thats GAS HP!
I want a new motor for my Baja 5b and the 38cc looks great!