RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Tigre G/20 .19 Diesel RC????
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 12:52 AM
brokenenglish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, we'll probably never know for sure... but there are a couple of points that I find surprising.

The seller (Gaby, I've had several super engines from him) apparently assumes that as no size is marked on the engine, then it must be something unusual.
I would have thought that the reverse would be true, i.e. no marking = "standard" and any "special" size would be stamped (like the G15/19).

Secondly, I don't recall ever seeing an ST comp locking lever that wasn't black (OK, that's not very conclusive, but it's true).

Finally, I used to own an engine visually identical to this one (sold on eBay last year, to NZ) and mine was a 2.5 of course.
This engine is a very late G20/15 (mid-seventies), still being produced at a time when the G15 was already the serious competition engine for 10 years...
Hmmm, I'm doubtful, but I think we'll never know. I certainly wouldn't buy it on the evidence we have at the moment.

The error in the Drone advert, mentioned above, is probably due to using "copy and paste" and not checking, when trying to do a lot of descriptions quickly.

Last edited by brokenenglish; 03-23-2014 at 12:54 AM.