RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli p-47 92" blown up to 110"
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 02:30 PM
samparfitt
My Feedback: (43)

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Yo Brian,
I agree with you. I love 3 piece wings. I've converted any plans that were 2 piece wings to 3. All my planes have them, except the P-47. The gear is so wide that, for me, it won't save me that much space. I've only got a 6' wide by 14' long trailer. With the Carf F4U in there, I had to make the P-47 as a two piece wing. Presently, I need a ramp to get the F4U in the trailer's floor, thus no room for a 3-piece wing P-47. I can handle the Ziroli size planes: I lift my SBD on a rack over the corsair but I just can't lift these 110" planes with moki's up front.
Actually, during the flying season, I'll probably just keep the wing together as one. I don't like turning these big planes on their back due to hanger rash and also two people are needed to turn them over. With my F4U, when I need to remove the wing, I have a low stand (just high enough to have the gear clear the ground) and remove the wing with me laying on the ground. I plan to do the same with the P-47. Have gear down, roll the wing up under the fuse and screw in the four bolts.

Hope you consider coming to Mac's warbirds over Georgia (June 12-14) or his October flyin (Rally of the giants). Lots of your friends are there: Dino, Pedro, Scott, Mike (RCscalebuilders), PJ, Carl, Merlyn, RB, Jim, Bates, Frank and, oh yes, Mac !

Last edited by samparfitt; 04-11-2014 at 03:08 PM.