RCU Forums - View Single Post - New 60 size U-Can-Do
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Thom, looks like it is going to be a really, really good flying plane with a fairly light wing loading.... but I'm not in the air yet as I move slow with things. The big one piece wing is gorgeous with a nice thick airfoil for 3D. Gotta tell you it really slowed me down putting a Saito 100 on the nose though. The firewall area is built around using the GP 40-70 size black engine mount and I couldn't squeeze the Saito into that so I went with a Dave Brown (round back) mount and had to re-engineer the mounting bolts location, and increase the blind nut size from the dinky 6-32, to 8-32 size bolts, then reinforce the inside of the firewall area with epoxy/milled glass mixture. You might squeeze the 75AX into that stock mount which would help if it goes okay. The firewall just does not seem to be large enough to go to the GP 120 size motor mount. The 75 is about 5 oz. heavier than the 65 they recommend though so it might take a little weight on the tail. Nice thing about my Saito 100 is that it weighs the same as the 65AX or even a hair less. I got one of the early ARF's and it had a few problems I had to correct. Hopefully they have those bugs sorted out by now. Let us know how it goes!