RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution 62 EFI
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 11:05 AM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MTK
The non-mechanical types among us may not be as certain that "usually" turning the screw to the right, screws it in, and turning it left, screws it out. Also may not quite have the fact down that screwing the screw in leans the mixture and out, richens it. It's EZ to many of us but it boggles the mind of some of us.....I think there's plenty of room in gas modeldom for such an engine.....
Good post. My brother is an example. Our father was a mechanic, and I am a mechanic with lots of tuning and engine experience. My brother could probably rebuild a V/8 engine if he had a good manual, but he can't tune an engine even if his life depended on it. He just can't get the rich/lean concept in his mind nor hear the sometimes subtle differences. He battles terribly with model airplane engines and needs one that is totally "idiot proof". That's why he, and many others like him, have made the electric craze happen. (Well, I hope it is a "craze", and not the beginning of the end of internal combustion engines, at least in my lifetime!)

AV8TOR