RCU Forums - View Single Post - Truck bashing!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 11:58 PM
69 GTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck bashing!

Ok guys i am gonna prob. offend some people but oh well,they dont seem to care to offend people with their post so now niether do I!

I have been on this site for just a bit now but i have never felt more like i'm back in a junior high school bickering match than i do when i'm on this site!
Every other post has the same people being disrespectful to other guys tmaxx's,and it is really gettin very old. I have had 2 tmaxx's and 1 emaxx along with many other monster trucks along the way,i'm 32yrs old and have been in to RC for over 20yrs so i have had ALOT of cars/trucks. I have never had any serious problems with my maxx's at all. My current one is .21 powered and the only prob i had was the shafts which i changed to CVD's and now no probs! My point is this,i have been talking with people on this site / reading other posts of people that are sayin how there tmaxx is junk&breaks all the time.....well let me see why. One guy that i talked to that said his maxx wouldnt hold up ended up saying that he had 20 gallons through it..[X(]20 gallons???...To the person i am talkin about,you seemed to have a good knowledge of RC trucks so no offense but you are lucky that ANY truck/car is still around after that much run time on it!
Another post a guy was complaining about his maxx breakin in one sentence and then in the very next sentence he says he ran it into a wooden fence at WOT.....oh gee...and it broke?....DUHH!...do ya think??
I am not a champion RC driver by any means but after 20yrs i would like to think that i know a little about how to drive and how to jump& land a truck without parts flyin in every direction,line up square for a jump,gas it up the face of the ramp,adjust it with gas/brake to level it in the air and LET OFF the trottle just before it lands so its not landing on power. If you do this then i dont care how weak of a truck you have or what kind of truck it is the suspension will work as designed and it wont break. As i said i have had 3 different maxx's and i have drove and looked at the savage very closely(and i'm gettin one next week)and sure the savage has beefier arms and my be a little more durable in a endo or bad wreck(so if your drivin style calls for a savage by all means more power to ya)but a maxx is just as durable in the right hands and can be upgraded more than any truck out there!

Point is .....this is RC universe not savage universe...so stop being childish and sayin mine is better than yours,i think all truck owners whether they have a maxx/savage/clod/mad force/txt/chruser or whatever can learn something from each other if given the chance,insteed of always having to read back&forth childish fighting!