RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox PT-19 Elev Travel
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 03:21 PM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner
How interesting I have never noticed a cox PT-19 with a stabilator or owned one for that matter but have owned many other Cox airplanes and still have some in my small collection.

At any rate I would suggest you go with the flow as designed and not increase throw. Also use a short handle. A stabilator can be a far different animal from a simple hinged surface.

John
Thanks for the advice, John - I may fly the airplane as is since the stabilator horn has two holes and the pushrod is attached to the inner most hole which I believe gives more control authority (sensitivity). I would assume that the outer hole decreases throw even more. I just get the impression this latest rendition was an attempt to make the airplane impossible to over-control for the rank beginner. I'm concerned if there is enough throw to flare after glide to landing...

BTW, I'll use a Cox handle - seems I always used the outermost holes for all Cox models I flew - still may be regarded as a short handle?

I bought the airplane new and the bottom of the wing is stamped "Made in China" so I know it is a late, perhaps final, production product.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1778.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	1995071   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1779.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	911.2 KB
ID:	1995072   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1780.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	1.06 MB