RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 18MZ Snap Condition Selection
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 07:59 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Malcolm H
Dave that is exactly what I did. Set up the snap switch to the recommended deflections for the model (Suzuki Hybird) flew with the switch and confirmed throws and now have set up the snap condition AFRs to same percentages as the snap program settings. Haven't measured the actual deflections yet but according to the servo monitor screen actuating the snap condition using the sticks gives the same deflection as the snap program off the switch.

Interestingly if you don't disarm the snap switch and actuate it and the sticks at the same time, the deflections appear additive and could potentially overdrive the servo (or your linkages if you have set a maximum deflection on the travel screen).

Malcolm
Malcolm......I never thought to check the snap screen settings to see if they were the same or similar to the AFR settings in the snap conditions.
I just checked on it....and they are different even though I set the snap conditions AFR with a digital inclinometer.
I don't know why the settings are not the same for equal deflections but there it is!

Dave