RCU Forums - View Single Post - The end of small glow engines
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 08:25 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jester_s1
As said previously, the only place where glow really is still the best option is in the .40-.90 size planes because of the cost of electric and the poor performance of gas.
I didn't overlook anything. My opinion was that electrics would not dominate, and that they were not cheaper. I stand by that prediction and statement. Glow engines won't go away and electric is more expensive to buy.

All of the other hot button issues that were attributed to my comments miss the point. I have small electrics for indoor flying. This is the glow engine area, so we are probably going to have glow engine based preferences over wind, gas, electric, and turbine power. No need to let this hit your hot buttons guys.

Besides, who dictates "the best option" anyway? The answer is: each person has their own best option and the rest of our opinions don't matter. Mine happens to be glow engines are the "best option" for little, medium, or big. I don't care what anyone else thinks I should enjoy.

Again, keep in mind that this is the glow engine forum. You are going to get glow engine mentality comments here.

If I had wanted to stir up a war I would have pointed out that glow is safer and less likely to burn down your house/shop/garage/truck.