RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sprint 2 parts question
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 07:56 AM
gokemidoro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n2mini
If not doing the counter steer does anyone try to use less grip tires on the front to ad in this? Not sure which tires that would be of course. I see the slicks and different tread designs but how is anyone to know which will offer more/less grip other then just trial n error method?

Also does anyone make a CS Kit for the Sprint 2 that doesn't need any mods to make work?
It's not a good idea to mix tire types. Trust me. Trial and error is the only way. Every chassis will be different, even from the same manufacturer.

CS is a whole other can of worms, too. If you're not swift on buying/swapping tires, forget CS. It's an entirely different concept to drift than 50/50. And there isn't a kit available to convert an S2. If you want CS, it's best to do it to another, higher-quality chassis. Eagle Racing makes CS kits for several models and manufacturers, but the S2 isn't one of them. They're the only ones that make CS "kits" with all the pulleys. belts and attendant parts to just bolt on. They generally make CS kits for Tamiya chassis.

I have a Tamiya TA05 VDF (an original production run model - one of the first thousand) that has recently been CS'ed with an Eagle Racing 1.60 ratio CS kit. If you want to get into CS, you'll have to upgrade to a better chassis. I have a friend who modded his S2 to CS (his thread is over at CS Junkies), and he has sold it, because it doesn't work as well as he'd hoped. It's a good job, but burns out electronics.

The simplest thing you can do, is learn to drift with the S2, and upgrade to a better chassis when you can. That's what many of us did!

Last edited by gokemidoro; 06-28-2014 at 10:50 AM.