RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dle 120 please help!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 09:18 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtybird
it would be safer to fix the issue first provided you know what the issue is.
I would think you would like to make sure the restraint is good for what it will produce before you start messing around. There are always possible problems that could make it go to full throttle by accident.
I really dont think his problem is the reed bank. Needlessly messing with that can do more harm than good.
While I think this is a good response, I bring up the point that almost all goods that have been in my hands that were made in China were of marginal at best quality. Quality control is usually lacking and likely there is something easy to fix the problem. Engines are no exception. An internal combustion engine needs 4 things to run. Air, fuel, compression, and spark. If an engine will not run for any reason, its not getting or losing one of those 4 things. Air can usually be ruled out, so that leaves fuel, compression, and spark. The OP states there's good compression, so it has to be spark or fuel related. By process of elimination one can determine the fault. Is there more than one ignition module being tested? How about ignition system batteries?

Sorry I'm not adding anything new here, just stating the obvious and how I would approach a problem. Do the easy stuff first and work to the harder stuff when necessary.

Good luck.