RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dle 120 please help!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 02:19 PM
AmericanSpectre505

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check the carb manifold.

I have a DA 150 that dates back to 98 that was flown in the 98 TOC (has over 2800 flights on it). Last week after a four minute flight and a dead stick it would not want to re start and when it did it ran very badly, card would prime, carb would drip but plugs were dry. I inspected the carb. gasket between the carb, the reed block housing, all the normal stuff. It was leaking air on the back side of the gasket. I made a new one and BAM...., Problem fixed! By chance, if you can get the motor running, try carb clearner and hit the gaskets, if you hear a rpm change you have an air leak. Also, doulde check the hall sensor pick and make sure it is not loose or has moved ( that was my other issue) and double check the little spings in the bottom of the silicon of the spark plug ingnition cap ( I fixed one for a club member several months ago and that was his problem, had spark but very weak and intermitten spark and that will change the timing).

Regards,

Bill H.

Originally Posted by pbilt024
Today I was maidening a 100cc edge with a new DLE 120 on it. It ran up good on the ground, 6100 RPM with a flacon 29x9 prop. First flight, it flew great for 5 minutes, then it died. After landing, it would not restart. We changed plugs, looked at the reeds, made sure it had a spark, etc. The weird part is, you can choke it till there is gas pouring out of the carb and continue flipping and the plugs will be dry as a bone. At no point was I able to get any fuel into the engine from the carb. The reeds opened and sealed up as they should with no cracks in them. Has anyone ran into anything like this before, because even our local engine guru is stumped on this one?