RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dle 120 please help!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 07:53 PM
pbilt024
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BHolsten
I have a DA 150 that dates back to 98 that was flown in the 98 TOC (has over 2800 flights on it). Last week after a four minute flight and a dead stick it would not want to re start and when it did it ran very badly, card would prime, carb would drip but plugs were dry. I inspected the carb. gasket between the carb, the reed block housing, all the normal stuff. It was leaking air on the back side of the gasket. I made a new one and BAM...., Problem fixed! By chance, if you can get the motor running, try carb clearner and hit the gaskets, if you hear a rpm change you have an air leak. Also, doulde check the hall sensor pick and make sure it is not loose or has moved ( that was my other issue) and double check the little spings in the bottom of the silicon of the spark plug ingnition cap ( I fixed one for a club member several months ago and that was his problem, had spark but very weak and intermitten spark and that will change the timing).

Regards,

Bill H.
Thanks, a more accurate timing check (showed approx. 33 degrees)is in order as well as a reed block mod to see if either helps. Also pulled the jugs off to make sure there had been no piston scoring and everything was as smooth and shiny as it was supposed to be.