RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Jet Hawk 1/4.5 Honeycomb
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 02:35 PM
osvaldopv
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you still have the hawk? QUOTE=Jetfan20;11133799]Hi All,

Well I purchased a 1/4.5 Hawk from Fly Eagle Jet about 6 weeks ago in the Ferrari scheme with the honeycomb material. The jet was in stock, ready to ship when I ordered. The Jet arrived about 10 days later, all the parts made it in two boxes, well packed without major damage. I had a very small hairline crack in the clear coat about 1/2" long and that was it.

All the parts fit very well, the honeycomb material seems to very strong. All screws were there, all airlines, gear, gear doors and speed brake installed. The gear appears to be made much better than my previous FEJ.

My build is almost complete, Thanks to Rex for helping along the way with his tips from his build, countless emails and very nice manual. I used the UP3 for gear and doors and UP6 for brakes, and a Robart valve for speedbrake. FEJ supplied three air tanks and I purchased a large robart as well, using two FEJ tanks and large Robart for gear and doors and the other FEJ tank for the brake and speed brake. Once I got all the airlines connected and hookup, it was time for the moment of truth, I hit the gear switch and all gear and doors worked flawlessly WITHOUT leaks! With six doors on cylinders, 1 speed brake on a cylinder and retract units and no leaks, looks pretty promising from FEJ. I had one problem with one main retract sticking under high pressure a little bit and James from FEJ quickly resolved the problem by sending me a brand new retract unit and touchup paint, he actually offered to send a complete retract set, but I only needed the one.

I'm coming in at 36lbs dry, now just waiting on my power unit which will be a Rhino or K-170!

My overall experience with FEJ and James has been pleasent thus far, most people complaints was gear and gear leaks, I think they are on the right path or I just had some luck, but there are 3 other threads on this same jet and all 3 threads also had no gear leaks.

Added a couple pics and will get a Maiden vid when the time comes.[/QUOTE]