Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet Hawk 1/4.5 Honeycomb

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet Hawk 1/4.5 Honeycomb

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly Eagle Jet Hawk 1/4.5 Honeycomb

Hi All,

Well I purchased a 1/4.5 Hawk from Fly Eagle Jet about 6 weeks ago in the Ferrari scheme with the honeycomb material. The jet was in stock, ready to ship when I ordered. The Jet arrived about 10 days later, all the parts made it in two boxes, well packed without major damage. I had a very small hairline crack in the clear coat about 1/2" long and that was it.

All the parts fit very well, the honeycomb material seems to very strong. All screws were there, all airlines, gear, gear doors and speed brake installed. The gear appears to be made much better than my previous FEJ.

My build is almost complete, Thanks to Rex for helping along the way with his tips from his build, countless emails and very nice manual. I used the UP3 for gear and doors and UP6 for brakes, and a Robart valve for speedbrake. FEJ supplied three air tanks and I purchased a large robart as well, using two FEJ tanks and large Robart for gear and doors and the other FEJ tank for the brake and speed brake. Once I got all the airlines connected and hookup, it was time for the moment of truth, I hit the gear switch and all gear and doors worked flawlessly WITHOUT leaks! With six doors on cylinders, 1 speed brake on a cylinder and retract units and no leaks, looks pretty promising from FEJ. I had one problem with one main retract sticking under high pressure a little bit and James from FEJ quickly resolved the problem by sending me a brand new retract unit and touchup paint, he actually offered to send a complete retract set, but I only needed the one.

I'm coming in at 36lbs dry, now just waiting on my power unit which will be a Rhino or K-170!

My overall experience with FEJ and James has been pleasent thus far, most people complaints was gear and gear leaks, I think they are on the right path or I just had some luck, but there are 3 other threads on this same jet and all 3 threads also had no gear leaks.

Added a couple pics and will get a Maiden vid when the time comes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91706.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	1776232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39966.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	1776233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw59439.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	1776234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mf96250.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	1776235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx24050.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	1776236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kb45043.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	1776237  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:22 AM
jetmodeller

Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet Hawk 1/4.5 Honeycomb

Hi I am now on my third FEJ HAWK 1.4/5,the others got sold!! but i just can,t live with out one,i have never had a problem with air leaks with any of them but i do use two large air tanks witch in total hold one liter of air at 100psi for all air system,watch out for the flaps you will not need to much 30 degrees i have found is plenty any more you will need power to maintain air speed,i only use full flap on a calm day,good luck i am sure you will love it regards Keith
Old 06-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Thanks Keith! I believe i saw your two vids! What are your take off and landing flap setting? I think I found somewhere 30 degree works for both take off and landing.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:17 AM
EagleJC
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Jetfan20:

Looking really nice on your Hawk. Keep working on her. I am looking for your video once you get her into air.

Let me know any I can help.

thanks
James

PS: JetModeller PM sent.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:28 PM
jetmodeller

Hi Never used take flap have not found the need,i only use full flap on a calm day for landing 1/2 flap any other time regards Keith

James email sent
Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Jjet
My Feedback: (12)

Can someone tell me the height from the bottom fins to the top of the rudder. Trying to see if this hawk will fit in my ride.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

Very nice!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:07 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

awesome, I almost asked if they had any f-18s instock myself but figured it would be to early lol guess not
Old 03-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Zagzoo
My Feedback: (28)

Looks good... still waiting on my FEJ F15 1/7th.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:20 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jjet

Can someone tell me the height from the bottom fins to the top of the rudder. Trying to see if this hawk will fit in my ride.
Roughly 29 inches [8D]
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Great job, man! You will really enjoy this plane. On the Flaps, I flew for a year before I even tried using any flaps on takeoff. I dialed in 15 degrees just in case I was in a bit closer quarters on shorter runways.

Looking forward to a great maiden report.

Best of wishes to you!

Rex
Old 03-13-2013, 02:44 AM
Jjet

Thanks for the dimensions D Jackson.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:37 AM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Hello:

Pretty model, congrats !!!

Can you show me the inside of fuselage for see the finish of the honeycomb ? please !

Many thanks in advance.
Carlos Márquez
Old 11-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Speedf16
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you still have the hawk .
Old 07-12-2014, 02:35 PM
osvaldopv

do you still have the hawk? QUOTE=Jetfan20;11133799]Hi All,

Well I purchased a 1/4.5 Hawk from Fly Eagle Jet about 6 weeks ago in the Ferrari scheme with the honeycomb material. The jet was in stock, ready to ship when I ordered. The Jet arrived about 10 days later, all the parts made it in two boxes, well packed without major damage. I had a very small hairline crack in the clear coat about 1/2" long and that was it.

All the parts fit very well, the honeycomb material seems to very strong. All screws were there, all airlines, gear, gear doors and speed brake installed. The gear appears to be made much better than my previous FEJ.

My build is almost complete, Thanks to Rex for helping along the way with his tips from his build, countless emails and very nice manual. I used the UP3 for gear and doors and UP6 for brakes, and a Robart valve for speedbrake. FEJ supplied three air tanks and I purchased a large robart as well, using two FEJ tanks and large Robart for gear and doors and the other FEJ tank for the brake and speed brake. Once I got all the airlines connected and hookup, it was time for the moment of truth, I hit the gear switch and all gear and doors worked flawlessly WITHOUT leaks! With six doors on cylinders, 1 speed brake on a cylinder and retract units and no leaks, looks pretty promising from FEJ. I had one problem with one main retract sticking under high pressure a little bit and James from FEJ quickly resolved the problem by sending me a brand new retract unit and touchup paint, he actually offered to send a complete retract set, but I only needed the one.

I'm coming in at 36lbs dry, now just waiting on my power unit which will be a Rhino or K-170!

My overall experience with FEJ and James has been pleasent thus far, most people complaints was gear and gear leaks, I think they are on the right path or I just had some luck, but there are 3 other threads on this same jet and all 3 threads also had no gear leaks.

Added a couple pics and will get a Maiden vid when the time comes.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-12-2014, 04:43 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by osvaldopv
do you still have the hawk? QUOTE=Jetfan20;11133799]Hi All,

Added a couple pics and will get a Maiden vid when the time comes.
[/QUOTE]

You must be new if you think people's only complaints are gear and gear leak related.....
Old 07-12-2014, 04:50 PM
osvaldopv

did Fej sent you the updates for the elevators?
Old 07-12-2014, 07:14 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you enjoy the smoldering pile of rubble that this jet will most likely become.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Two year old thread gents.