RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas Spartan jet drive buid
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 08:17 AM
ManDime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Spartan jet drive buid

So i thought i'd share the the jet boat build with yall. I have this thread on traxxas forum as well.
Recently, i went to garner state park in east texas for vacation and i loved the rapids so much. Now i want to go back but with a boat that can handle rapids. So i found a Traxxas Spartan shell for $20 local and the guy threw in a free tqi tx! Great deal indeed! (especially since my traxxas link tx just died on me ). It paired right up to my traxxas link rx and im happy again. So the plan is to use the vxl-6s combo with a KMB 28mm jet drive. I'm only doing the KMB because it doesnt cost $400 like the graupner or HK. I plan to run two trx 7600 mAh 2s lipo in series for 4s and then later i will go to 6s. Since it's jet drive, i wont need the prop or rudder stuff . I still plan to use turn fins (stock), and the trim tabs (cnc machined ones). I will somehow make a couple of http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/ pickups work for cooling. But anyway, Here's my blank canvas:

I also plan to build or buy a nqd tear into jet boat but that would be after this build for my 11 y/o brother to do rapids with me,