RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jagdpanzer with FPV
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 04:49 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks good. I have had FPV in a couple of tanks, but in one of my systems there was a lot of interference where the video would glitch out and detract from the experience. This video seems clear and stable.

I used a Fatshark system with the Video glasses for a total immersion effect. Tank battling becomes a bit of an adrenalin rush when carried out like this. Viewing through glasses and not having the Helicopter view of the battle field really limits what you can see. You are fearful that there is a tank waiting for you as you clear the next building.

I really think this is where the advancements in battling need to go. My experience has been that FPV with goggles enhances the experience more then tweaking the IR side of things.

Here is a link to a thread I did on an FPV set up. I got some pictures showing how I mounted the system in Sherman. I need to update the thread as I ended up with the camera sunk into the commanders hatch and tied in to a servo to allow me to pan the horizon.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...d-sherman.html

I got all my stuff from HK back then. I would be interested in seeing what you have put together, so keep us posted, Nothing would make me happier then to see this side of Tank battling move forward.

Last edited by YHR; 08-19-2014 at 05:04 AM.