RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jagdpanzer with FPV
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 10:39 AM
FreakyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys this is a 5.8 ghz system with 9 seperate channels so max players would be 9 at current but I do not forsee this limitation in the near future.
Range of the unit is roughly 300 meters line of sight, but it can get sketchy with obstructions in the way ( it is 5.8 after all ) the radio running it all is 2.8 ghz and has oodles of range and model matching so you do have the potential to Platoon up to 15 tanks at one time, switching from one tank to another takes all of 5 to 10 seconds.
Battery life - so far I have recieved about 2-1/2 hours on one charge, currently I have the camera running of a 3S lipo but I have devised a hookup that plugs into the on board 7.2 volt. How this will affect life is unknown but I don't forsee a life reduction that makes the system unusable. There is onboard sound as well and I will have a tweak done so it picks it up directly from the speaker so that any engine or gear noise is washed out.
I will be doing a video shortly that is more of a planned thing and I hope to be able to show the radio ( The radio has a 3.5" high def screen built in ) running the tank on a split screen with the drivers port on one half.
Set up properly in a bigger tank ( you need the space for the Tx units ) and you could have a camera in the gunners port and a camera in the divers port, under movement and remotely you could switch between cameras while you recorded both. Of course the camera sending a live real time feed is just icing on the cake